Thursday, February 05, 2004

Another contact from the outside world ...

A big yippee-ki-yay to Sam, of Sam's Life, a blog I had stumbled across, liked, and added to my blogroll. I got an e-mail from him this a.m. telling me he had read my blog and linked back to me. Thanks Sam!

He's also got some code at the bottom of his page that shows referring sites. The code is available free here. I'm trying to decide if I want to try it here. Do I want to know if and from where people are coming to my blog? Would the information just create an annoying obsession for me, prompting me to count and visit every referring site? I've got to think about that ...

I'm having the same dilemma over adding the ability for people to comment on my entries. Free "comment-ability" is available from HaloScan.com, but I'm not even sure if I want to know what other people think. I have my e-mail address listed--although it's an address I only check once a day or so--so if people really want to contact me, they can. The comment thingie would just make it much easier for them, and their comments would be viewable by everyone who stops by. But maybe I'd rather not have it too easy for people to comment because then I may get all kinds of people spouting off at me, and I just don't want to deal with it. I'd feel like I had to respond to even the most moronic of them, and I'd probably feel I had to defend my whole existence from some quarter-wit who maybe just figured out how to operate his computer. So unless I change my mind, people can e-mail me if they want to say hey or tell me that something I've written is going to send me straight to hell. (Look around on the right-hand side of the page ... the e-mail address is there somewhere.)

No comments: