Sunday, February 01, 2004

Bowling last night was a disaster. For me, at least--Mark has shown improvement (he was disppointed last night with scores in the 140s and 150s). I seem to be getting worse. I did score a 163 in the second game, which is respectable. But I got a 123 in the first game and I don't even want to admit what I got in game 3. OK, I'll 'fess up: it was a 98. Worse than pathetic. The only advice I got from people was that I need a better ball. But this is the same ball I've gotten way better scores with in the past--I think my high was a 210 or something. I guess that I just had a lucky run and now the hard truth is that I suck. I think I may go practice today.

Mark is in Oriental moving Sassafras, our sailboat, from the repair yard back into her slip. She's all fixed up after her brush with death during Isabel (another boat came loose from its mooring and smashed into her stern). So maybe this is a good opportunity for me to just practice my bowling and pay full attention to what I'm doing. Needless to say I've put off my daydreams of going pro.

No comments: