Thursday, February 26, 2004

We got about an inch of snow, and they're predicting more (or sleet or freezing rain) overnight. Even though nothing accumulated on the roadways around here, anything that could be canceled for this evening has been. Stuff has been canceled for tomorrow morning as well.

After moving here I made fun of the fact that every time there’s a winter “weather event” people around here rush to the grocery stores and buy up all the bread and milk. The local news shows send reporters to the supermarkets to show how empty the bread and milk shelves are. Why bread and milk? I never understood until today after work, when I realized that we probably needed bread and milk (among a few other items). So of course I rushed to the store and bought some bread and milk, and it’s a good thing I got there when I did, because the pickings were getting slim.

No comments: