Friday, February 27, 2004

Where am I and why is everything all white? We got several more inches of snow overnight, and it's currently sleeting and/or raining. The television told me not to go to work. Actually, what it said (and what it says every time it snows) is that if you don't need to be out on the roads, stay home. There have been a lot of wrecks on the highways. So I did what I've started to do every time there's weather like this: I called my boss to see if she's going in. She's not, so I'm not. I can always make up some of time tomorrow.

So now I'm wondering if I'm going to do anything productive with my day, or if I'm going to sit around and read like I usually do. I should clean the house ... but I probably won't.

Instead, at least a little while, I'm going to try and figure out whay exactly my permalinks aren't really behaving like permalinks. See, supposedly there's a little bit of code in my Blogger template that puts an anchor in every post, and then if you want to send someone to a particular post, you use that anchor as your link target. I see the code in my template, and the dates at the end of the post do indeed include a target. But if I use that target link, it just opens the particular archive at the top of the archived page and not at the target post. That's not terribly useful. But I figure a day off work is the perfect chance to unravel a mystery like this, so off I go ...

No comments: