Tuesday, March 09, 2004

And speaking of memes (ick, I just used that word again) ...

Are the "A-List" bloggers stealing your memes? Maybe, according to a Wired article. (Just you wait--screen replacement is going to be next week's hot topic, I'm sure of it ...)

But , see, even though I hate the word "meme," I just participated in an act of "memery," if there is such a word (or mimeticism, perhaps? Mimetic event? Who knows.) I had visited Daypop to see if there was anything interesting to read there (Daypop lists the 40 links most popular with bloggers around the world.) So then I see the Wired article mentioned above, and then I go on and link to it, thereby kicking it's popularity up a notch, making it more likely that some other someone will see it and maybe link to it, which would kick it up again, and so on ...

Yep, we bloggers are pretty much a bunch of sheep just like everyone else.

No comments: