Thursday, March 04, 2004

It's a gorgeous day and I'm at work.

(Warning, the following is likely to bore people who don't do the kinds of things I do for a living. Oh well.)

I have a lot of work to do, but I had to stop for a moment because I needed to say "Dammit, dammit, dammit."

I have to send things out for people to proof, and the quickest way to do this is to make an Acrobat PDF of the file and e-mail it. But Acrobat keeps making my PDFs upside-down or sideways, depending on what I select for the "auto-rotate" preference. But no matter what I select, it won't make me a right-side-up PDF. Now I wouldn't consider this a problem if the PDF were for me, because I know I can go to the "View" menu and rotate the PDF on screen, or print it and rotate the resulting paper copy so I can view it correctly. But I have to assume that the person I'm sending the PDF to will be too stupid to figure that out, so I want to send them a right-side-up PDF to eliminate any confusion.

(a few moments later ...)
After some (OK, a lot) of futzing, I figured out how to make it work. Instead of selecting 11x17 paper and "landscape" orientation, I have to choose 17x11 paper and "portrait" orientation. I just love how easy technology makes everything ...

I wanna go outside and play now.

No comments: