Thursday, March 25, 2004

Must write something ....

I've been lax. Today is Thursday. I last wrote something on Monday. What's my problem? Must write something ...

Here's what's up: I'm an in a little Reagan from The Exorcist mood this morning. If pushed, I could rotate my head 360 degrees and spew green bile on someone. I was fine when I started out this morning, but several things lept onto my nerves at work in rapid succession, and I will now tear off any limbs that come close to me.

Earlier I was putting a bunch of data cds back into the cabinet where I store crap that I probably don't need but keeps appearing on my desk anyway, and they all tumbled to the floor. That was the very last straw, and I decided they could sit there and rot all day for all I cared--which would be their punishment for disobeying my will and falling out of the cabinet. I just shoved them aside with my foot so that I wouldn't roll over them with my chair. Later, I got up to go check on a project that was printing in the room full of high-tech annoyances, and when I came back two of my co-workers were picking up all the cds and putting them into a neat pile on my desk. That pissed me off more than just about anything so far, but as I knew they meant well, I had to clench my jaw to keep myself from yelling "Get the hell away from those--they are being punished!" Instead I did my best fake-nice voice and said, "Oh, you didn't have to do that ..." Several hours later I'm still stifling the urge to knock the stack of cds back onto the floor ...

So anyway, I made it to lunchtime, and then I figured I'd go peruse the writings of people who sometimes make me laugh. I started with Big Stupid Tommy, who had a link to something that's not new, but is new to me: 213 Things Skippy is No Longer Allowed to Do in the Army. Now my lunch is almost over and I've only gotten halfway through the list, but it's already made me feel a little better. I'll save the rest for later ... I'm sure I'll need it.

No comments: