Monday, March 29, 2004

Obseession of the moment ...

I'm curently trying to find every Beatles mash-up I can. I mean in addition to Danger Mouse. (And in addition to the Kleptones, which are just so-so, in my opinion--more like remixed pastichers than actual mash-ups.)

So far I've found:

Go Home Productions "Karma In the Life", which mashes "A Day In the Life" vocals with Radiohead's Karma Police (with some "I am the Walrus" and a little Paul Weller dub tossed in).

GHP's "Paperback Believer,", mashing 'em up with the Monkee's.

GHP's "Beatleg Bootles Part 1" (which includes part of "Karma In The Life.")

Soundhog's A Day in Tracey's Life (The Beatles vs Mogwai vs Kid Loco). Soundhog says he (she?) doesn't mess around much with Beatles stuff " 'cos it's generally perfect as it is." That's bullshit. Sure The Beatles were great, but they really weren't the be all and end all that people build them up to be.

Lazy Tramp's "Happy Birthday Jealous Lover" (The Rapture - House of Jealous lovers vs The Beatles - Happy Birthday vs The Cardigans - Love Fool ).

I guess this would be a good time to have commenting ability here--I could tell people to post links to their favorite Beatles mash-ups. But I haven't been convinced to add comments, so I just have to ask that people e-mail me their mash-up links.

No comments: