Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I fooled the gender genie ...

Just for fun, I submitted two of my recent posts to the Gender Genie. Both times it answered that the author of the text is probably male.

I'll admit, I have always been a bit tomboyish and I'm not really into girl stuff like makeup, shoes and jewelry, but I'm not usually mistaken for a man. Except of course back when I lived in Tennessee. I had very short hair then and it really confused the locals, who often called me "sir." Once when a male friend came to visit, we went for a drive and ended up in a little diner in Gate City, VA, just across the border. We were talking about which corners of the world our college friends were inhabiting, and the waitress asked, "So where are you boys from, anyway?" I managed to stutter that I wasn't a boy and then told her where I was from. She said "Oh, my son's 21 and I still call him a boy."

So now I feel like kicking some ass just to prove I'm a man...

No comments: