Monday, April 05, 2004

Navel gazing ...

I have some comments and observations rattling around in my head that would probably be actually interesting if I wrote them down, but ...

I'm consumed with petty aches and pains right now, which pretty much derails every thought and brings my mind right back to me, me, me, as in "poor me, woe is me, it sucks to be me." When one is not in pain one forgets how cranky pain can make a person. Right now I'm trying to make myself think "Life is good, life is good, life is good" to counteract the grouchifying effects of my various woes.

I was practically limping into work this morning because there was an unexplained pain in my left knee. Probably related to the fact that occasionally when I kneel down one of my knees will make a loud and painful "CRACK!" They're just bad knees. My right shoulder was also on fire with pain this morning, but I know what that is: bursitis. I've been getting it since high school. It comes and goes as it pleases and there's nothing to do but take some ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. I chose the latter (aka Alleve) because it seems to work, but then it bothers my stomach. So now I'm chomping antacids to counteract that, but it's not helping and I'm feeling a little sick. The knee and shoulder are feeling better, but because there is obviously someone sticking pins into a me voodoo doll, my back (also bad) is now starting to ache.

So if you want to read something pithy, worldly or wise you're going to have to go somewhere else right now. Check back later, OK?

No comments: