Sunday, August 22, 2004

Photo roundup ....

Until I have time to sort out exactly how I'm going to do my photlog, I'll have to post them here. This is one of Mark's photos (hmmm, maybe he needs a photolog) from yesterday. It's from the weekly anti-war vigil at Main and Gregson--I cropped in a bit, I hope Mark doesn't mind. The guy's sign says "Blow Bubbles for Peace."



Here's one of my favorite photos from the Durham Music Festival last night. We didn't stay out nearly as late, and we saw Dom Casual, Section Eight, Holy Roman Empire and Des_Ark. This is Aimee from Des_Ark



Here's another of Mark's impressionist series, I'm calling it "Woman in Rain":



And finally, this is not art, but I just wanted to include it because it illustrates one of my pet peeves: you know the Duke students are back in town when badly parked cars show up on your street in the middle of the night:

6 comments:

wordnerdy said...

hey! i'm a terrible parker, but i really think that's independent of my education.

beastofsound said...

The beast shares that pet peeve, although now that he lives in the rural nowhere of eastern North Carolina he seldom sees it anymore. I resided for many years in Hoboken, NJ, where nearly all the streets allow only one-way traffic. I could always spot the out-of-towners by their atrocious parallel parking skills, especially when trying to park on the left side of the street.

Anonymous said...

at least they didn't park left! That was always my pet peeve about living in town.

Anonymous said...

The bubble guy is amazing! What's shocking is that in your photo he's in *exactly* the same stance as when we drove by. He has amazing consistency of form. And he's very graceful. Hoping it's okay to comment about bubbles... bwv.

Lisa B. said...

We could debate the correctness of the slogan "Blow Bubbles For Peace" if you like ... :)

Anonymous said...

Bubbles: bourgeois dilettanteism or a necessary product of the materialist dialectic?