Monday, November 22, 2004

"Dogs are the new people!"

I stole that title quote from the Super Nova Scotian, who I believe does not even own a dog. But I do (two, in fact), and of course I don't let anyone forget it. When people at work start talking about the wonderful things their kids do, I make a point of interjecting something like "That reminds me of something Mr. Gomez does ..." which drives the people with kids nuts because they can't stand to hear someone equate their precious offspring with dogs. It's quite fun.

Anyway, the only reason I'm posting a blog entry right now is to link to two adorable photos of my little precious angel princess Lucy, taken by my flyball teammate Sam Bennett. So go look: here and here.

6 comments:

wordnerdy said...

those photos are great! your dog looks way cooler than most people's kids.

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty! And airborne!

She's an Australian Cattle Dog, right?

-frm

Lisa B. said...

Thanks! She's a mix--cattle dog/rat terrier.

I like her way better than I like most people's kids ;)

andrew said...

It's true, I don't have a dog (they are allergic to my asthmatic wife, or vice versa) but if I did I would like a pretty aerodynamic dog like yours!

Anonymous said...

Not only do I brag about my dog when the damn breeders start going off about their kids, I also talk about my dog when they prattle on about their spouses. When they complain, I mention that they made a personal and wasteful consumption choice to bring another, unnecessary human into this world and use up its resources while I rescued my dog from the shelter where he was facing a certain death.

Mickey said...

Hi, hope you don't mind, but I've added a link to Lucy's pictures for this week's Carnival of the Dogs, which will be up tomorrow. http://mickey.ondragonswing.com

Thanks, she's beautiful!