Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I should have told you ...

I had great fun on my radio show tonight. During the last half hour I had an interview with Niku Arbabi of Ms. Films and Mel Thomas of 307 Knox Records about the Chicks Rock Compilation cd. I don't know if the listeners enjoyed it, but I thought it was a blast. Niku recorded it and hopes to get it up on her website, and if I don't sound like a complete dork I'll link to it. I probably should have alerted my three regular readers so they could tune in to the web stream, but I'm really bad about planning ahead.

Tomorrow is a state and federal holiday (Wheelbarrow Day), so I get to sleep in. I'm taking Friday off because it's my birthday and I have some comp time to use, so I get a four-day weekend. I plan to practice what I preach, and that is: "Laziness is its own reward."

5 comments:

la1itree said...

I listened on the way home from work and thought it was great! Very inspiring. I keep meaning to get more involved with Ms. Films beyond just being on their mailing list!

It's funny, I got here by googling "Evil Wiener" in an attempt to find a song of theirs to link to, and I found this post. Serendipitous.

la1itree said...

PS - I think we may have met at the Trailer festival?

Lisa B. said...

I checked out your profile (which conveniently includes a photo), I can say that yes, I remember meeting you. Thanks to Evil Wiener for bringing you here! The whole Chicks Rock series has been a lot of fun for me, so I wholeheartedly recommend getting involved.

I just added you to my list of "locals" over in the sidebar ... I hope your don't mind.

la1itree said...

Awesome, of course I don't mind. I also have my own site at lalitree.com which I actually update. It's nice to finally start feeling like a local, since we are coming up on a year of having lived here, but I do still feel a bit out of the Durham loop. Getting involved in CR would certainly do wonders for that, I'm sure!

Lisa B. said...

Two cool upcoming events (both on the same night, a night when I, unfortunately, will be out of town) are the WXDU Benefit show at the Duke Coffeehouse and the Durham Rocks Compilation Show at Ooh La Latte. They will be Sat., Nov. 20. You can't go wrong with either (or both!) I'd say "be there or be square" but then I'd be square ...

OK, I linked to both of your blogs!