Friday, November 19, 2004

My right hand is missing ...

I had to finally get my act together last night and start getting packed to go to a flyball tournament this weekend. It's a little more involved than a regular weekend trip because you have to remember stuff like dog food, the harness the dog wears while racing, dog treats and any possible creature comfort you may require while being stuck all day at a fairgrounds in Franklin, Va. Usually I just carry lots of junk around in my car at all times, so if I suddenly find myself at a flyball tournament or agility trial I'll have what I need. (I think I could last a week stuck in a snowbank, too.) But I'm riding with someone else this weekend so I need to be a bit more streamlined, which requires some actual forethought.

Anyway, the point is that I carefully packed my camera with extra batteries and memory stick, just in case there's anything worth taking pictures of. Now I realize my folly: I don't have my camera with me today! I can't take any pictures! I feel handicapped. Just now I had the idea of taking a picture of a massive doodle I've been drawing on for a month. It started out rather modestly sometime in October:
doodle
This morning, I realized that it had grown into quite a monster of a doodle, and I felt the need to document it. Alas, the moment must go unrecorded. The world must wait until Monday to marvel at the proportions of my doodle.

4 comments:

andrew said...

Wow - I am impressed! That would make a lovely tattoo. Go on - roll up your sleeve and get it done!

Lisa B. said...

I'm too much of a wimp to deal with the whole tattoo thing ... people tell me they hurt.

andrew said...

People lie! I've had 5 and none of them really hurt at all. The only place it hurt was when I was having my armband done and the soft tissue under my arm stung a bit. Go on - i dare you. All the cool kids are doing it...

Lisa B. said...

But the minute I do it it won't be cool anymore!