Monday, December 06, 2004

Whaddya know about Ecuador?

I've got to start thinking about Ecuador. We'll be going there for vacation in March. So far we have a plane ticket and no plans. Maybe we should just travel light, show up and see where we end up ... Anyway, if anyone's ever been to Quito or its environs, let me know what the highlight of your trip was.

We sort of picked Ecuador out of the blue. We're using frequent flier miles, so we had to book early (I think we booked the flight in August or September) and we had to come up with a place that had frequent flier seats available (which meant the Caribbean was out). So we were thinking Nicaragua, but for some reason one of us thought of Ecuador and be both said "Ecuador, yeah!" That was pretty much it. I have no idea what we will do there, but hey, we'll be in Ecuador! Yay!

We have a Rough Guide, but I haven't gotten around to looking at it. There are always travel web sites, but I haven't gotten around to looking at them either. I hate planning things because things never turn out the way you planned, but if you go into something with no expectations you're usually pleasantly surprised. I'm sort of figuring that since I speak Spanish we'll be able to figure things out as we go along. But if there's some place really cool that we should aim ourselves toward, I'd like to know.

No comments: