Sunday, February 27, 2005

I had a headache all day ...

rick! and christa

I'm blaming Christa! She had a great birthday party last night. The dazzling local blogerati were out in their finest jeans and stuff, partaking of the cheer, which included a big crock-pot full of cocktail weenies simmered in a sauce I was told contained bourbon. I had a great time. Even if the coolest kids hadn't been there I would have had fun just looking around Christa & Ray's wonderfully decorated house.

(I ended up leaving my purse there last night and having to go back and get it this afternoon. Christa and Ray were still in their pajamas. It was so cute.)

Mr. Asswich, BWVentril was there, sharing widely his secret plan to become the #1 google hit for "asswich." He has succeeded. Oh well. At least I had the pleasure of being #1 for a spell without really trying. I suppose I'll now have to turn my attention toward more frivolous pursuits ...

Such as finishing the dang list for that meme of Sarah's! I've actually got 10 things, but I'm not sure if I want to use them all ... Really, I could sit and write it right now, but I'm tired.

My other exciting news is that Alicia made me a really adorable hat. I love it.

6 comments:

maxnix said...

hello, Why do you ameri-cans (as opposed to american'ts)call sausages weenies, or 'weeners'? In Germany, where I used to live, They are into sausage, and call a sos a 'wurst'. (that is the wurst sausage joke ever!)
Ever wonder about the faceless minions who remove the bones from them Huh? Huh? No! I'll bet you didn't! We, here in England, also call them 'bangers'. We also call old cars (jalopy's/) bangers too. or fireworks that go bang. I had some dymanite once. It went of BNAG! See you colonial cousin,and remember, marmalade is king.
mugwit@aol.com

Lisa B. said...

I'm an Ameri-could-but-don't!

I think "wiener" and "weenie" both come from "wienerschnitzel." But I don't know for sure. We don't call ALL sausages "weenies," actually. It depends on the type of sausage and where you are in America ... for exapmle I don't think anyone anywhere would call a bratwurst or a knockwurst a wiener or a weenie, but hot dogs are often called "weenies."

I'll grant you that "banger" is a far more logical and intuitive name for a sausage, of course :-)

I usually call a jalopy a "beater," although I'm also fond of the term "hoopty."

Thanks for stopping by, imperial cousin!!

B. W. Ventril said...

Wait... Have I read you correctly? Are you giving up project asswich?!

Lisa B. said...

Is that a problem?

B. W. Ventril said...

Ha! Victory is mine! Asswich!

Lisa B. said...

Yes, asswich, victory is yours. You should definitely put this accomplishment on your CV.