Monday, February 14, 2005

I've been tagged ...

Rakka tagged me with a meme. It's cool because I like memes (hate the word "meme" though, just because it has too many hipster connotations for me). Anyway, it's a music thing (warning: I have to pass it on) ...

1. Total amount of music files on your computer? On my Mac here at home there are 1038. My computer at work had at least as many (not all the same ones) before it was backed up and wiped clean for a new system last week. My iPod (the first-generation 5-gig version) has 1098, which almost fills it to capacity.

2. The last CD you bought was... I don't remember ... I usually buy them in batches, but just because it's the first specific cd to pop into my head, I'll say it was an older Trailer Bride cd bought used from Record Exchange in Raleigh.

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message? "Outro" from Plastilina Mosh's Hola Chicuelos. I had listened to the entire cd.

4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you. Only five? This is difficult ...
1) "Lipstick Vogue" by Elvis Costello. I think it may be my favorite Elvis Costello song, and it just generally kicks ass.

2) "La Jaula De Oro" by Julieta Venegas. It's a cover of a Los Tigres Del Norte song about being an illegal immigrant in the US. The lyrics in the original are touching, but when Julieta Venegas sings them they become gut-wrenchingly sad. It's gorgeous.

3) I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. I've loved it since I was a kid. When I actually learn to play my accordion I'm going to cover it.

4) "My Favorite Thing" by the Replacements. That song just rawks.

5) "Astronaut" by Luna. Because it's just a really cool song.

5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

Alicia, because she's fun and least likely to scoff at doing a meme (she may answer it here, though);
Lisa, because she might be game, too; and
Georg, because he might do it and I'd like to see his answers if he does.

1 comment:

r4kk4 said...

yeah! thanks, pants! i knew you'd come up with some great stuff!

(and i hope that you're feeling better!)