Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Stupid computers

Warning: In this post I cuss a lot.

I got a stupid brand-new computer at work, so I've had the pleasure of reinstalling everything I reinstalled a month ago.

Now I'm trying to use one of my little USB flash drives, and it won't work. Neither one will work. I get a message saying that my computer senses a removable USB storage device, and I get the little icon that I'm supposed to click to "safely" remove the device, but the drive doesn't show up when I go to "My Computer" so I can't actually USE the drive. I fucking hate Windows. Stupid raggedy-ass piece of shit brand-new machine. I don't care if you do have a gig of RAM and a 3.2 gigahertz Pentium 4, you're a goddamn annoyance. Fuck.

UPDATE
: I needed to cuss like a sailor on principle, and then I called our fine tech support folks. Seems that my computer automatically wants to assign a flash drive the drive letter "F," which is already taken by our network. So the dumbass computer doesn't bother to tell me that there's a problem, it just sits there picking its nose because it likes to be cussed at. Fortunately, our tech support people are nice and helpful, and they told me how to kick the fucking computers ass and force it to assign a new drive letter to the flash drive. My Macintosh doesn't have stupid problems like that.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Sorry to hear about your computer woes... have to admit I was "disappointed" you didn't work Asswich into this Asswich-ian escapade.

Lisa B. said...

D'oh! That was an asswich thing for me to do ... forgetting to work asswich into the tale!