Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A pressie from Flickr!

Hi bunchofpants!

You may have heard on the grapevine that we planned to
reward our dear Flickr members who bought a Pro Account in
the early days. Well, it's true! And since you're one of
those lovely people, here's a little something to say YOU
ROCK!

1. Double what you paid for!
Your original 1 year pro account has been doubled to
2 years, and your new expiry date is Jan 25, 2007.

2. More capacity!
Now you can upload 2 GB per month.

3. 2 free Pro Accounts to give away to your friends!
This won't be activated for a day or two, but when it
is, you'll see a note on your home page telling you
what to do.

Thank you so much for putting your money where your mouth
is and supporting us, even while we're in beta. Your
generosity and cold, hard cash helped us get where we are
today.

Kind regards,
The Flickreenies.

So, apparently I will soon have a couple of pro accounts to give away. Sweet! I need to start making my list and checking it twice ...

Last week I lent my raggedy-ass busted camera to my new co-worker because she really wants a digital camera but she's broke. What a coincidence, I said, this camera's broke too, but it still takes good photos. I'm glad to see it's getting used. She plans to buy her own once she gathers together the necessary fundage. maybe I should give her a Flickr Pro account ...

In other news, I worked a lot on my front garden over the weekend (and yesterday afyer my headache went away). I had a lot of weeds to clear because I was extremely lazy last year and let them get out of hand. I filled my empty flower pots with annuals, and put in some new perennials. The area gets so much sun, most of it in the afternoon, which is the most brutal sun, that a lot of plants just don't like it there. So typically I buy one of something and see how it does before I plant any more. But then when it comes time to plant more I usually want to try something else I've never tried before, so I've got a real patchwork thing going on out there. that's fine because I want a "cottage garden" effect anyway. maybe sooner or later, when the plants that want to stay have spread a bit and when my groundcovers reach the point where they are actually covering ground, It will look like a cottage garden. Right now it looks like an experiment in progress.

The problem with yard work and gardening is that the more you do, the more you realize you need to do. Finishing one thing only emphasizes the stuff that's still undone. Fortunately, it doesn't take a lot to have what's considered a "nice yard" in my neighborhood--there's always going to be one nearby that looks a lot crappier than mine!

4 comments:

wordnerdy said...

would bribing you with baked goods get me onto that list? :) i only have space for three more pictures on flickr so all my cool photos are being shoved into albums on ofoto. it is truly a tragedy.

but seriously. baked goods. cobblers, chocolate banana bread, whatever you fancy. :)

Lisa B. said...

hey--you made me a hat!! So that means I owe you!!

The frewe pro offeres haven't appeared at my flickr yet, but when they do, one of them is yours!!

Lisa B. said...

Damn, I wish Blogger would make comments editable--I'm always typoing something because i type fast even though I don't know how to type.

Oh well, supposedly I'm switching to WordPress.

wordnerdy said...

YES! knitting pays off once again!

THANK YOU!!!!!