Monday, April 11, 2005

A terrible dilemma ...

he's coming!

So this coming Saturday, do I go and see SpongeBob at Northgate Mall or participate in the WXDU-WXYC kickball game, which will occur in the exact same time slot? The only real reason I want to go see SpongeBob is to take pictures of him (I wonder if I could get him to pose with a jar of Marmite in his hand? His handlers probably wouldn't allow it ...)

I guess I need to make a list of pros and cons ... kickball pro number one is that there will be beer at the game. I don't think SpongeBob will be serving beer. I will get a T-shirt if I show up early enough at the kickball game (and I'm very capable of showing up early if it means I'll get a T-shirt.) The kickball games have always previously been scheduled for a weekend when I'm out of town or doing the Mondo Mundo show, and so I've been unable to participate. I'd really like to go. Big con for SpongeBob: there will be children there. Big con for the kickball game: the place will be infested with people from Orange County. ;D (That smiley emoticon is for Alicia. And any other lovely Orange Countyite who's reading this.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're above all that meme business, but even if you are, I know you won't be able to resist this one... :

t’s the new random shuffle game - Shuffle In My Pants! Instructions: Take the first 20 or so songs in your random playlist. Add the phrase “In My Pants” to the end of each title. Comment on anything extra amusing. Post.

The example I saw, that made me giggle:
http://www.deliciousjuice.com/comments.asp?id=1865

(MIke)

dick umbrage said...

pro: you get to beat the stuffing out of a grip of kids from orange county, younger and more spry than you.

i have a theory about why we always win. wxdu djs play kickball every year. many of us have played kickball every year for the past six years. the whippersnappers from across the way haven't played kickball since they were actual children (as opposed to relative children).

once again, this year, our victory is all but assured.

wordnerdy said...

we don't always win. i am fairly sure we lost the last two years. definitely we at least lost the game two years ago--the year xyc was part of a kickball league at unc.

also, i am superbummed that for the first year in the four years i've been here we'll have shirts, and i'll be in atlanta b/c the game is earlier than usual. sigh.

andrew said...

I like the meme idea:
"I'm too sexy for my shirt in my pants."

dick umbrage said...

word nerdy -

we totally won last year! we stomped 'em. they did, however, win the year before (when they were a bunch of cheaters who practised all year long), but nobody can remember any other time they won. maybe it's just wishful thinking.

if there are any t-shirts left over, i'll set one aside for you -- as a stalwart xdu-er who never, ever gets one.

Lisa B. said...

Let's kidnap SpongeBob and make him come to our kickball game!

But I'm, definitely doing kickball on saturday, in ehich case I'm doing SpongeBob (well not "doing" in the biblical sense ... and anyway, isn't he gay?)

Mike, I may also do the meme ... I've been busy and stressed ...

wordnerdy said...

aww, thank you!

i just remember our strategy the year we lost was to bring a leftover keg and hoped all the little underage kids got too drunk to kick well. it backfired, obviously. i guess last year just wasn't as memorable . . .

lisa--the kickball game never starts on time. i would advise going to the game, getting a shirt, and running over to the mall for a quick photo op. obviously you can just push the little kids in line out of the way. voila!