Thursday, May 19, 2005

Oh the humanity ....

How could I possibly hate my job? I'm sitting here today trying to convey, in a visually pleasing way, the idea that the period of time subsequent to the touching of livestock and prior to the commencing of eating, drinking, smoking, biting one's nails or sucking one's thumb is an ideal juncture for the washing of one's hands (and the hands of one's bratty little pork-faced child).

Fortunately I've got new tuneage to listen to because I picked up several cds for review from my WXDU mailbox last night. There's a new one from Puerto Rican "alternative" rock/pop group Circo (my snap judgement--it's better than their last one); one from Javier Garcia (a Cuban/Irish guy who grew up in Spain and does fusiony latin pop, or poppy latin fusion. Not bad.); and a double live cd from Café Tacuba. I'm in a quandary over that one ... on the one hand I love Café Tacuba, but on the other hand, I hate live cds. The mix is always wrong, and I don't really care to hear the audience singing along. The audience sucks. But Café Tacuba rocks. What the double live cd has done is make me want to listen to a bunch of Café Tacuba that doesn't feature a singing audience ...

OK, gotta go. Don't forget, people: Wash your hands after petting the Nigerian dwarf goats. Or better yet, skip the goats and go get a deep-fried candy bar.

2 comments:

georg said...

note to self: when at state fair this fall, make sure to loudly admire the stylin' handwashing signs...
(and surely you meant deep-fried oreos)

Sarah said...

Clearly this is why food at the state fair is served on a stick.