Sunday, June 05, 2005

Put down that liriope!

I just read via Sarah that Christa bought some liriope (aka monkey grass) at the Farmers Market. Dang, I knew I should have gone ahead and blogged that entry where I tell people I've got more liriope than I need and I'm going to have to dig some up. Whenever I go into the back yard, which is all the time, I think "What am I going to do with all this liriope?" I also have lots of lily-of-the-valley, and come July I will be cutting back and dividing huge clumps of spiderwort, if anyone's interested in any. And then there are the Siberian irises that are overstepping their boundaries ... and ajuga reptans, anyone? I'll also need to divide some daylilies, and I can easily spare a clump of thread-leaf coreopsis or two ...

5 comments:

christa said...

oh, hey... i can use more liriope! i only had hands enough for a fraction of what i need.

i wish the rest of my yard was in good enough shape to take the rest of the stuff off your hands.

Lisa B. said...

Well I'll plan to dig up some liriope next weekend, then! I think I can give the other stuff to my mom--she has lots of garden space to fill.

christa said...

rockin'! thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I'd love some thread leaf coreopsis if you can spare it. thanks!! --Sarah

Lisa B. said...

Certainly! It's just now starting to bloom, which isn't the best time to disturb it, but I'm willing to try it anyway. Or we can wait a few weeks until it's all done.