Friday, June 10, 2005

Waiting for an answer ....

There's something I could and should be doing right now, but I'm waiting for an answer from someone before I can proceed. The question: How about if I make them 18" x 24"? So until I know the answer, I'm not going to make them at all. Instead, I'm going to have a little completely pointless fun making a list of some recent keyword searches that have brought people to this particular bunch of pants:
dividing liriope (good name for a band), xdu wrrld music, quarkxpress runtime error, disturbance in the force, kim son durham (Good restaurant--I recommend the #40), working in a restaurant, origin phrase, men's feet, fun with dogs, chilled air, bunch of pants, lactivists, anka smells like, psycho_girl, breast feeding, myrtle beach thong, trailer hitch scrotum, milkshake busters, barbara walters and lactivists, backwater bunch, barbara walters lies breastfeeding, cheesecake pants, rock swings sucks

Well that didn't take long. Now what? It's Friday. I bet I won't get an answer to my question today. Maybe I'll go make some tea.

I read a fun book last week: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs. It was, well like I said, fun. Jacobs decides he's going to read the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica. Why? Well, duh, so he can write a book about the experience, of course. So the thought that was going through my head the whole time was "Shit, I could write a damn book." OK, that's been going through my mind since before I read Jacobs book. But I need a topic that requires very little research, seeing as how I've got this fucking day-job thing going on. See, this is where shit like broken families, alcoholism, molestation and impoverished childhoods come in handy--you can turn that stuff into a memoir. Me, I got nothin'. But I'm desperate to write about it.

Hey, I could even be outlining it right now while I'm waiting to hear back on the 18" x 24" thing ...

2 comments:

andrew said...

Okay, so what is it that you waiting to hear about that might or might not be 18x24?

Lisa B. said...

It's boring--a set of signs.