Sunday, July 24, 2005

Almost but not quite halfway there ....

Last night Georg, (the other) Lisa and I met at the Charming English Cottage of Death to practice our expelliarmus and impedimenta spells. Y'know, just in case we run into any Death Eaters ... I think there are several where I work. We also discussed Harry Potter theories & possibilities (Half Blood Prince is the cliff-hanginest Potter yet ... with good reason, of course, since the next book is the last). I had done a little reading online and was able to entertain them with a Ron=Dumbledore theory I came across (it's been shot down by none other than J.K. Rowling herself, alas. But it's a fun one nontheless.)

I'm currently fascinated with figuring out what the deal is with Snape now. That's exactly what Rowling intended with this book, of course. I feel so manipulated. Anyway, it gives me something to think about while painting the house.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to get a little tired of painting. Just a little. I didn't realize before we started how long it takes to do a good job painting lap-board siding. Lots of corners and crevices, and don't forget all the edges where it meets the trim. Mr. Pants thinks I'm too slow, but I think if we're going to go to all this trouble it should look really damn good when we're done. I'm already bugged by a few little places where I didn't get the color/trim line perfectly straight ...

3 comments:

christa said...

you're totally convincing me to hire someone to paint my shutters for me...

andrew said...

My top tip in house painting is to have shutters on every window of your house. If you have them already, take them off when you paint them. If you don't then get some as they save all the cutting in work around the window frames.

Lisa B. said...

Just shutters, Christa? That will take no time at all!

I don't have shutters, Andrew, and I can't really add them add them because they aren't in keeping with the craftsman bungalow style of the house. But thanks for the tip!