Thursday, August 25, 2005

Travel tip of the day ...

I was looking back over the stuff I wrote in my little moleskine on our trip to Ecuador way back in the spring, and I came across a travel tip I had noted:
"Don't put your passport into the seat-back pocket. You may forget it when they take you off the plane because it's broken. Then they may clean the plane overnight and throw your passport away."
This actually happened to a guy on our flight. Something was busted on the plane and they put us up in miami overnight. The next day when we all got back on the plane, he expected to find his passport still there and didn't. He went to Ecuador anyway (he was an Ecuadoran with US citizenship). They probably let him in--they didn't seem all that uptight about stuff--but we don't know for sure ...

No comments: