Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Maybe I'm just lazy ...

So my doctor called to tell me that I'm a hypochondriac. Actually she said that the blood tests and x-rays all look great. No Lyme Disease ... but come to think of it, they didn't specifically test me for bubonic plague. That's it, I'm dying of plague, I just know it.

But seriously, finding out that I'm probably perfectly healthy is both a big relief and slightly disturbing. I do have one less thing to worry about as far as mortality goes (aside from the stuff that can kill you unexpectedly like sudden cerebral thrombosis, car accident, drive-by shooting, tornado ... wow, I could keep going here ...) But now I'm thinking "So why do I feel so bad?" My doctor is now tossing about words like "depression" and "anxiety." I'm hoping that maybe I can just eat more tofu or something ...

7 comments:

leff said...

yeah, nothing's as happy as a garden burger mcRibblet!

Actually, no. I just had one. And it's pretty nasty.

lisa said...

maybe you need a big ole char-grill hamburger steak, some fries, and a chocolate shake to really top off the calories.

*ducks*

;)

Lisa B. said...

Make that a grilled steak--I never liked ground beef that much even when I was a meat eater. (But if you're going to have a burger, Char-Grill is definitely the one to have!)

elsacapuntas said...

not to get all up in your medical shit or anything, but did they check your thyroid hormone levels? hypothyroidism isn't uncommon and can result in the symptoms you've been experiencing like fatigue, anemia, and depression-like stuff.

Lisa B. said...

Good point elsa ... I've been on synthroid for about 6 years now and my doctor even upped my dosage earlier in the summer. I get the level checked annually. It's always the first thing I suspect when I'm feeling peaky.

I think I have some rare blood disease that hasn't even been discovered. They're going to name it "Pants Disease" in my honor ...

elsacapuntas said...

oooh, pants disease sounds like you get to have a party for it.

andrew said...

or a telethon