Monday, September 19, 2005

Music Monday

Saturday when I did my utterly self-indulgent Mondo Mundo show of songs I consider favorites (playlist here), I picked up a cd Georg had left in my mailbox for review: Balkan Beat Box. I just now got an opportunity to listen to it for the first time and shine on me sunshine, walk with me world it's a skip-a-dee-doo-dah day ... if I didn't still feel like freeze-dried death (more on that below) I'd be the happiest girl in the whole USA. It makes me want to actually do a "best albums of 2005" list (instead of just thinking about it as I usually do) just so I can put this one at the top.

In other news, I went to the doctor this morning about my bubonic plague ... or Lyme disease or lupus or rheumatoid arthritis (my doctor actually brought those twice during the consult, so now I'm all fixated on lupus ...) The good news, I guess, is that Lyme diseas is very rare in North Carolina. But it has occurred ... mostly toward the area where I picked up my little tick friend last month. They sucked copious quantities of blood out of my veins and, because of past health issues I won't go into here, took a chest X-ray because it's been more than 5 years since my last one.

Also, good news: our sailboat made it through Ophelia perfectly well. Since Mark went a little overboard (pun intended) and put out 4 anchors, one of which weighed 70 lbs., I'm not surprised she held fast (I am surprised that no other boats smashed into her, however). Others didn't do so well: one huge boat in our marina that Mark has nicknamed "The Pig" wasn't achored so well and is now hard aground in a shallow marsh. Bummer for them.

No comments: