Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Plague update ...

Mine will not be the voice you hear on the radio tonight during the time normally allotted to me, so it's safe to tune in if you wish. I gave away my show when the day started off poorly and I anticipated it getting worse.

I was feeling resonably well las night, and then I failed to fall asleep promptly. Of course this made me worry about how tired and achey I was going to feel in the morning, which only made it harder to fall asleep. The whole thing cycled out of control until it became a self-fulfilling prophecy and now I feel like microwaved death..

I also realized yesterday that I have no idea when I'm supposed to find out if any of the gallons of blood extracted from me at the doctor's office will yield any clues as to why I feel ill. But my doctor told me once before "Bad news travels fast," which means that if something is wrong someone will call me. No one has called yet, to my knowledge. I'm probably just suffering from existential misery and there's nothing anyone can do to help me.

I should probably eat something more nutritious for lunch than a bagel with butter (I should have at least remembered to bring my Marmite to work!), but it's all too much trouble ...

No comments: