Monday, October 24, 2005

Yet another entry about the ChiSox ...

So last night's game was a the most perfect example of why people watch baseball (read this if you have no idea what I'm talking about).

But enough boy talk, I want to take a moment to dwell upon the type of thing girls are likely to notice when watching sports: What the hell is up with all that Astros facial hair? What, are they all lumberjacks in the off-season? Do the Astros just attract hirsute men or do they start becoming barbate in order to fit in after they get there? I think most of them would look better with much more abbreviated facial hair, and you can tell them I said so if they ask.

2 comments:

elsacapuntas said...

i get a kick out of the varying personalities of baseball teams. the yankees are a bunch of pretty boys; the angels a couple years back (its been a while since i've watched b-ball) were similar to how you describe the astros - ugly, scruffy and cranky looking. when percival was pitching for them he was one of my favorites, always looking hung over and squinty when he set up to throw the ball.

Lisa B. said...

You're right--I think that's one of the fun things about baseball, because it gives you time to see each guy individually as he comes up to bat, and you start to see patterns on each team. The White Sox really strike me as a bunch of regular guys (I especially loooove Ozzie Guillen!), which is kind of what one expects out of Chicago, in my opinion.

Which reminds me, we need to take a trip to Chicago one of these days!