Monday, November 21, 2005

Better late than never ....

So like many, I saw Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire Friday., and I meant to blog a review but I got lazy (go away and come back later if you haven't seen it and don't want to know anything at all). I think Georg did a smashing job with his. (One point of disagreemenrt: I like the tragic Weasly coiffures. They work because all the Weasly's probably get quickie kitchen cuts by the harried Mrs. Weasley, who doesn't really care if no one like them.) I would have liked to have seen the house elves and the Dursleys make an appearance because those bits of the previous movies were always entertaining (especially Dobby bashing himself over the head with things.) But this was the first Potter movie in which I didn't feel compelled to keep a running count of things they cut from the book, probably because it just worked so well. It's definitely my favorite of the movies so far.

Now if only JKR would get cracking on Book 7 ...

1 comment:

georg said...

that's of course assuming that any of them has actually had a hair cut within the last several years. I'd guess Ron's last haircut was before they started year 3 at Hogwarts. Fred and George may not have had one since we first saw them on Platform 9-3/4