Thursday, November 17, 2005

Only slightly geeky

I'm not really a movie geek, nor am I a computer, sci-fi, anime, multi-player game or gadget geek. But I am somewhat of a Harry Potter geek. Only somewhat--I am not nearly geeky enough to go to a 12:01 am showing of a movie just for the sake of seeing it at the absolute earliest possible moment. So I won't be seeing Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire until Friday afternoon. I will be taking off work early to see it, however, which is a slightly geekuy thing to do. By seeing an early show I'm running the risk that there will be screechy, squawky babies in the audience, but that will just give me an opportunity for another little anti-babies-in-theaters rant, now won't it?

5 comments:

r4kk4 said...

i love your anti babies rants!

but please don't ruin any surprises there might be in the movie. (although, i don't know how i could be surprised since i've read all the books.) i can't see the movie until next week sometime.

Lisa B. said...

Lord Voldemort did it!

Ooops!

My boss told me once that another co-worker had gone to see "Titanic" without having had any prior knowledge that the ship sinks in the end ...

r4kk4 said...

*THAT* may be the funniest thing i've ever heard!

*LAUGHING!!!*

Reuben said...

I'm taking the kids to see it in quasi-IMAX here in Houston. I am hoping that is scary enough to leave the impression that Poltergeist left on me at their age.

I mean, c'mon, it possible for kids today to have that kind of experience in a PG movie?

andrew said...

The Titanic sank?