Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boring, boring, bored ...

I hung out at mom's over xmas. We went bowling, the highlight of which was when I picked up a 6-7-10 split ... go try it, it's not easy.

I got Mr. Pants a highly addictive virtual tennis game. Did I mention it's highly addictive? I made my right arm sore from playing it yesterday and had to switch to the left arm. I also accidentally whacked Mr. Gomez in the snout with the racket. It didn't hurt him much but now he knows to stay out of my way when I'm playing it.

As part of my quest to make tofu as yummy as the stuff I get at the Whole Foods salad bar, I made pan-seared tofu with sauteed onions and mushrooms last night. It was OK--not as good as WF, though. A lot of things I make taste better the second day, and I'm hoping that's true with this stuff. I think my next tofu recipe attempt will be Sauerkraut Balls with Mustard Sauce.

Have I bored you yet? Because I'm out of things to say.

9 comments:

andrew said...

A virtual tennis game that involves swinging a tennis racket? why not just play tennis instead?

Lisa B. said...

To play actual tennis, one needs and actual tennis court (with lights if you want to play in an evening after work), an actual racquet, actual non-flat tennis balls, and more importantly, an actual actual tennis partner who is of appropriate abilities (which means I'm no good as far as mr. pants is concerned, because I suck at tennis in real life). Mr. pants only knows a couple of other people willing to play tennis, and they just don't like to play as hard as he does. He doesn't like playing with them. Also, decent weather is also a factor--it's winter and quite often a bit yucky out. Mr. Pants hates playing tennis in the cold. Plus, one needs the time and will to transport oneself to the tennis court ... which is usually further away than the living room.

Also, with virtuall temnnis you don't hagve to chase down and garher up all of those tennis balls ...

What I like about the virtual tennis game is that it doesn't strictly require perfect tennis skills, so I can do well at it even though I suck at tennis.

Steve said...

"Also, with virtuall temnnis you don't hagve to chase down and garher up all of those tennis balls"

But that is why you have to bring the Flyball dog(s) with to tennis practice :^) Nothing like hitting a spit soaked tennis ball with a racquet...

Lisa B. said...

But we have a dog who doesn't always want to give back the tennis balls.

Dang, look at all the typos in my previous comment ...

andrew said...

why not get a virtual dog also? he/she can do virtual flyball and so you won't have to drive to the track AND they can collect tennis balls for you.

Actually, the tennis game sounds fun - what is it called?

Lisa B. said...

My cat won't shut up right now--I think I'd prefer a virtual one. The Tennis game is called "TV Virtual Tennis" frm "SDW Games." Comes with hilarious translated-from-Japanese (or maybe Chinese?) Instructions. It plugs into the TV. It really is fun.

dawnwilliams said...

recently, i bought the "TV Virtual Tennis" game from SDW Games on ebay. only mine didn't come with instructions. would you mind sending me a zipfile of it? i can't find or buy these instructions anywhere on the web.
sincerely, Nita

dawnwilliams said...

recently, i bought the "TV Virtual Tennis" game from SDW Games on ebay. only mine didn't come with instructions. would you mind sending me a zipfile of it? i can't find or buy these instructions anywhere on the web.
sincerely, Nita

Lisa B. said...

Gosh, I seriously doubt I Still have those instructions. In fact, I think it all went with my ex-husband after the divorce. I don't have the game anymore.