Monday, January 30, 2006

A round-up of sorts ...

The cat thing: Battlecat seems to have learned a little from the "start yowling, get locked in the spare room all night" routine, or else I'm just sleeping more heavily.

Thanks to Xta for giving me her old roll-out trash cart. It's a tad holey, but it should work well enough. I borrowed my neighbor's pickup truck and picked it up yesterday, then kept an eye out all day for my trash cart-less neighbor's car to be gone from the driveway so I could roll the cart over to her house. Yeah, it's a bit passive-aggressive, but in a constructive way--I mean, I'm giving her a trash cart. I don't think she actually wants it, however, because I think I understand why she never bothered to replace hers: it's much easier for her not to have one. When you have a trash cart, every Wednesday night or early Thursday morning you have to wheel the thing out to the curb. Then, after pick-up, you have to wheel it back to the house--by law we are not allowed to leave the carts by the curb all week (although we've left ours out repeatedly and nothing has ever happened to us). I think Ms. Neighbor Lady has just decided to let us do the garbage-day work for her because it's far less hassle. Instead of remembering garbage day every week and having to roll the cart in and out in all kinds of weather, she can simply stroll across the street when she feels like it and drop her trash in our cart--we do the rolling for her. So anyway, tonight after dark, even if her car is in the driveway, she's getting a trash cart delivered to her front sidewalk.

In other news, Mr. Pants has cast upon me a serious Battlestar Galactica addiction. He's been watching the first two seasons on DVD, and I was mostly ignoring them, preferring to read, play on Flickr or play FreeCell (another addiction). But one evening I sat in for an episode, and I realized how much the new series kicks ass. (When I was a kid my sister was addicted to the original; I watched it but I never really got into it.) So when we got to the end of what's been released on DVD so far (only part of season 2, because they are still airing the second half on the Sci-Fi channel), we went back to the beginning so I could catch up and because he wanted to watch them over again. Now we're most of the way through season 1, and Mr. Pants has gone out of town. Do I have to wait until he comes back to continue watching, or can I go ahead and plow through season 1 without him? I can always watch them again when he gets back (which won't be until Friday). I'm afraid I'm going to be seriously jonesing if I don't get my BG fix ...

2 comments:

christa said...

perhaps, so as to force her to use her 'new' trash cart, you should place something very heavy on top of yours. :-)

Lisa B. said...

That would be a good idea, but Ms. neighbor lady likes to deposit her trash right after they empty it on Thursdays, while I'm at work. Maybe I should leave a note for the san men asking them to put something heavy on it.