Thursday, February 02, 2006

Annoying neighbor trash cart update ...

So the other night, under cover of darkness, I decided to sneak the trash cart across the street to inconsiderate neighbor lady's house. Those things make a hell of a lot of noise--especially when they are empty because the rumble-rumble seems to echo and multiply in the cavernous interior space. I was afraid to take it all the way up to the house because there were lights on and I was afraid she'd hear me, and then look out and see me, and I'm trying to avoid confrontation (mostly because I have a very hard time being diplomatic). So I left it next to her driveway where she would leave it for the san men to empty. There's no way she can miss it. Her habit has been to bring her trash over on garbage day, after the truck has been by but before I get home from work. Today is garbage day, so we'll see: If there is a green bag in the bottom of my cart when I get home I may need to just go tell her that part of being a grown-up is being responsible for getting your own garbage to the fucking curb on garbage day. That's not very diplomatic, is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. You should have wrapped it up like a Christmas present.

cg

christa said...

i am fascinated by this continuing saga. please report back soon on breaking developments! ;-)