Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What's with the bacon today?

Have you ever had a word or a theme reoccur in reading or conversation several times over the course of say, one single morning? Even though you know it's just coincidence, you can't help but harbor a teeny bit of wonder over whether it's really the universe trying to tell you something ...

Today's theme is bacon-paired-with-sweetness. It all started when someone at work mentioned hearing about someone who made hamburgers with Krispy Kreme doughnuts as buns. I opined that it sounded rather disgusting, but that a Krispy kreme sandwich that incorporated bacon would be delicious ... then I started regretting the whole vegetarian thing because I was dying to try a Krispy-Kreme-and-bacon sandwich. Seriously, I think it would be fantastic.

Then I mosey on over to Mondo Mundo, where Georg has posted a link to a recipe for pig candy, which is bacon with a brown-sugar-and-cayenne glaze. Wowee. Then I went to Consumerist and read a reference to a bacon-and-peanut-butter sandwich.

Is the universe trying to get me to eat bacon?

6 comments:

georg said...

the universe is ALWAYS trying to get us to eat bacon...
i assume your conversation this morning involved the following (note that it does include bacon)
http://www.gatewaygrizzlies.com/news/?id=2743

Lisa B. said...

Yep, that was probably the burger in question. And it does indeed feature bacon ... which will be the secret to its success if it is indeed successful.

Steve said...

So this got Nancy and me thinking and we came up with the "Grand Slam" burger:

Whole Krispy Creme donuts for the top and bottom buns (not just a wimpy half donut), two bacon cheeseburger patties separated by a Moon Pie.

Now that's good eating!

Lisa B. said...

I double-dog dare y'all to make one (and send me photos, please!)

Sarah said...

If the krispy kreme cheeseburger isn't at the state fair this year, I'll eat an extra bag of mini donuts.

Lisa B. said...

Me too! Mmmm, mini doughnuts!