Friday, April 14, 2006

The opinions are on their way

Happy Great Friday (any day that I don't have to work is more than just good!) I'm writing a post about how I still believe that a young woman was raped in the Duke Lacrosse house about a month ago, but I'm not done with it. So I have just two things for you right now:

First things first: "The Border Puppy Task Force" would be a good name for a band ...

Second, thanks to Christa for posting the list of reasons to love Durham. I've seen it on my neighborhood e-mail list (in fact the author solicited input from our list--I contributed the mention of the dinosaur, which sparked some fun discussion on our list). The list was compiled in response to a Duke Chronicle editorial by a whiny little chowderhead who squawked on about how Duke was the only reason anyone would ever visit Durham. I think one of the reasons Durham is so cool, and it's not on this list but maybe it should be, is that pain-in-the-ass people with no imagination or appreciation for "culture" or experiences that aren't packaged, commodified, sanitized and "safe" choose to live in places like Cary or North Raleigh. That leaves Durham for the cool people ... plus the Duke Chronicle staff. (Here's my ever-growing photo love-letter to Durham, by the way.)

4 comments:

dick umbrage said...

hey! you're in the n & o:

http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/428640.html

Lisa B. said...

I wonder why they didn't use the quote where I talk about crushing everyone who interferes with my quest to become ruler of the universe ... I thought it was relevant.

andrew said...

That dinosaur is less than 6000 years old, right?

Lisa B. said...

Of course! Aren't they all?