Saturday, May 20, 2006

The adventures of secret agent girl

I'm a alpha tester and a mystery shopper! And I can't really tell you about either one. But isn't it just so exciting? OK, maybe my life is so dull it just seems exciting to me ...

Really, neither gig has started yet. The alpha tester gig--super-secret and I can't tell you anything even if you tickle me--doesn't start until Tuesday. I get to try and break a brand new "Web 2.0" website that hopes to do everything the others do, but better. Perhaps it will earn me some much needed geek cred. At any rate, I'm really looking forward to it.

I will have my first mystery shopper gig tomorrow, but I don't want to say any specifics about it, except that it involves food. Unlike the alpha tester gig, this one pays a little bit of money and includes a free meal. It's not really all that exciting, but with a life like mine one learns to look forward to the little things. And I'm the type who is always mentally writing critiques of my consumer interactions in my head, thinking "They should do something about X, Y and Z," or sometimes even thinking that a particular employee deserves to be commended for being so nice or helpful, but I'm always too lazy to follow through. Now I have an incentive and sort of a direct line for my impressions to get to the company. Of course, I don't get to pick which companies I evaluate, but I think I'll have fun nonetheless.

2 comments:

r4kk4 said...

i'm exciting about the alpha testing too! because now i can be more than just a geek's gf! HAHAH!

i must admit, i'm intrigued about the mystery shopping!

i might have to sing "secret agent pants" at you on the alpha site.

OOPS! i've said to much! ;D

Lisa B. said...

Uh-oh, I think we're going to have to kill you now.