Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hello ... is this thing on?

Trying out this YouTube thingie ... this is Lucy and I on our rock-the-course jumpers run:



If you like watching agility videos, you can see a bunch from the World Agility Championships here. I recommend the toy dog class--the papillons are awesome! It's hard to believe that little foo-foo dogs can go so fast! There's also this border collie agility montage on YouTube, and this Agility and What can Go Wrong video from the UK (where they seem to have a different style than in the US--here it's sort of frowned upon to yell harshly at your dog, and in fact a judge can eliminate you if they feel you are being too negative).

I'll probably post at least one more video from the weekend either at YouTube or Vimeo. I have to decide which one is the least embarrassing ...

4 comments:

elsacapuntas said...

OMG, i have a totally new appreciation for border collies now. they're amazing! i feel kind of like an inferior species...

Lisa B. said...

They are awesome dogs ... but they can be hard to control! Their handlers really need nerves of steel to do agility with them. I'd love to put together a video montage of spectacular border collie screw-ups, because they are soo fast that when they go off course, it's waaaay off!

They can also be tough to live with if you don't train them well and give them a job. Mr. Gomez is half border collie, and he finds it very hard to just chill out much of the time.

Steve said...

Lisa,
Very smooth! You look pretty calm and "in the moment". Got to love that little Lucy.

Lisa B. said...

Thanks Steve! Jumpers is my favorite event, probably because I don't have to worry about contacts, weave entries or pop-outs, table downs, etc. So I feel really confident whn I do the jumpers courses. I think Lucy likes it to because she feels my lack of stress.