Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Perhaps I shoult start the "Panty" awards ...

A Panty award goes to Rakka for a post yesterday that I think is the best blog post evar! The post hits every important topic: volcanoes, pie, hypnotic-and-fascinating-but-otherwise-useless viral internet videos, crafty T-shirts and computer-game-themed wall art made out of green index cards.

And speaking of viral videos, the strange, catchy leek twirling video to which she linked (and which Mr. Pants says is certainly some kind of mind-control mechanism--no doubt devised by the same people who engineered Condoleezza Rice), is not even as hynotic as a video of the Finnish folk group Loituma performing the song live. Maybe it's the serenity of their well-scrubbed, youthful faces ... but I for one welcome our new Finnish overlords.

4 comments:

r4kk4 said...

oh wow! you weren't kidding! HAHA!

i'd like to thank my agent....

michael found the video though so i can't take credit for discovering it.

and i have to add, your internet finding abilities are *awesome!* leff and i are still stunned that you managed to find the video of the group singing based only on the leek twirling video!

so a rakkash award goes to your and your sleuthy powers!

Lisa B. said...

Ha! All I did was type in something like "leak twirling video song." Then I got the name of the group and the song, and I did another search on that and bammo, there it was!

r4kk4 said...

sheer brilliance!

Lisa B. said...

Oh, except I think i actually typed "leek" ahnd not "leak."