Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Secret agent reports in ...

I did my first two mystery shops, one yesterday at lunch and the other this evening. One establishment not only got glowing reports, their employees fulfilled two criteria that won them a bit of bonus cash. I don't dispense the actual cash, but I did get to notify them that they had won and get their names. That was really fun because they were very happy I felt like sucha bringer of joy. It's the only time I'm supposed to reveal my secret identity. The other establishment didn't do so well. They didn't win and had a few issues that have to be noted in the report. But the guy employee I dealt with was very nice--I'll be sure to note that.

I thoink I may sign up with a few more mystery shopping companies. It's not a bad way to make a few bucks.

As for the alpha-tester gig (which doesn't pay except in geek cred), it was supposed to start today but it has been delayed until tomorrow. There's been a little trouble in developerland. It's so top-secret that I don't know what I'll be able to report back.

No comments: