Wednesday, May 03, 2006

With a name like Fluckers, it's got to be good.

It's Painful Dental Work Day, everyone. In an hour I will be taking an Ativan so that I can go let the dentist torture my gums. He's using a laser for most of it ... it's a relatively new thing, I guess, and it's supposed to give a better end result than the sharp and pointy objects they used before ... but the before-the-end result is likely to be a lot of pain plus an entire month of babying an area of my mouth and rinsing with some nasty substances that's supposed to stain my teeth. (The dentist assures me that they can polish the stains away at the end of the month, but I'll be avoiding smiling for the entire merry month of May.)

I have Sterolab cued up on the iPod, for it has been deemed by a panel of experts as the music most likely to soothe in the dentists chair.

Maybe the earth will open up and swallow the city of Raleigh, where my dentist is, and I will have to postpone the appointment ....

No comments: