Friday, May 19, 2006

You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny

I still feel really crappy ... maybe crappier than yesterday, even. However, I did go to work. I sat there like a zombie all day ... a zombie that sneezed and blew its nose a lot. So naturally, I feel like having a good cranky rant.

Wanna know what I hate? I hate it when people (dumb people, obviously) who, upon being disagreed with vociferously, retort "just because you don't like my opinion, it doesn't make it any less valid than yours." Um, sure, if your definition of "valid" includes "stupid, retarded, or just downright wrong" then yeah, you've got a point there. And if you wear a hat you can cover it up. I mean, if I thought your boneheaded opinion was valid, would I go to the trouble of bothering to disagree with you?

Equally asswich is the statement "I'm entitled to my opinion!" Yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion that your opinion is boneheaded, backward and/or silly. I'm entitled to my opinion that you may as well take up crack smoking for all the good your existence is doing for the planet. I'm entitled to my opinion that you should be the terminus of your genetic line. I'm not entitled to slap you silly, however, because life is just plain unfair.

On the bright side, White Sox just beat the Cubs. Every once in a while life is fair for a brief, shining moment.

Be sure not to tune in to WXDU (88.7 FM here, wxdu.org elsewhere) tomorrow from 1-3 pm Eastern time, because I shall be spinning the discs for "Mondo Mundo" (that's the world music show, don'cha know.) I will probably still be snotty and hoarse, which means that wierdos are going to call me up and tell me I sound sexy.

4 comments:

andrew said...

falling into a similar category for me is the old classic: "You have to admire such-and-such a person for sticking to their principles even if you think they're wrong.

To me that is when you should admire someone the least - when they are wrong AND intransigent. It was a common thing said of the thatcher when she ruled britain with an unswerving and destructive determination. I never admired for chaging her mond about something. To me that just made her stupid as well as evil.

Lisa B. said...

Yeah, that stupidity bugs me, too. it's like admiring Hitler or Goebbels for being willing to die for their cause ...

andrew said...

Exactly - how's that working out for them??

Lisa B. said...

As well as one would expect ...