Wednesday, June 28, 2006

!Cuidado Los Pantalones!

Tonight! Be there: From 6-8 pm (Eastern US) I'll be subbing for the lovely Santa Salsera, who has gone to her ancestral homeland on the shores of one of those lakes we here in the US call "great," but which are only pretty good. Too bad our webcam was decapitated, or you could watch as one by one, I alienate her carefully cultivated corps of sophisticated listeners, plus many of the residents of the federal correctional facility in Butner, NC, by playing nothing but puro Duranguense. OK, kidding--I'll probably only play a few Duranguenses because I don't actually own much of it, and I know the station doesn't have any.

At any rate, it'll be 88.7 for folks in the "sweet spot" reached by our transmitter, wxdu.org for everyone else.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for that Duranguense link. I think I live in the Duranguense sweet spot of NC b/c every store and taqueria has duranguense posters and I hadn't been able to figure it out. I got the Durango part, but it was still mysterious. There are a LOT of Duranguense shows in Burlington.