Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's a tick-borne trifecta

So the vet left a message saying that she got the results of Mr. Gomez's tick panel back and he has at some point been exposed to not one but three tick-borne diseases: Ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme Disease. Dang, that's a lot of tick disease. Fortunately he seems to be responding really well to the medication, which means he's back to being his old annoying self again.

In other news, I wrapped up a session of puppy classes tonight with a bit of a feel-good moment: A guy in my class who had been having lots of problems and had been considering giving up his puppy changed his mind after getting a lot of help with his issues from the class. They still have a few problems to resolve, but he feels he made progress and changed his mind about getting rid of the dog. That made me feel good. I have a bit of anxiety about teaching sometimes, and that made me feel like I must be doing something right.

And in semi-related news, I've started a dog blog. I just wanted a place where I could opine at more length about dog training and such. I've only made a few posts so far, but that's more for lack of time than lack of stuff to write about. Oh yeah, and I'm trying out google ads there more for the hell of it than the belief that I'll actually make any money. I'll still write here now and then about agility and how cute and/or goofy my dogs are, just in case you're one of the three people who likes to read about that sort of thing. Oh, and I'm going to try very hard not to be as snarky there as I am here.

No comments: