Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Keeping up with the cool kids

Christa rocks. She answered my plea for a recording of The Colbert Report, and I just have to drop by and pick it up off her doorstep.

But bummer that she got a ticket for violating the "Move Over Law," the existence of which she was completely unaware. That's right kids, in NC you are required to move over when approaching a parked or standing emergency vehicle with its lights flashing on the shoulder of the highway, or to reduce speed if moving over isn't possible. Don't get a $125 ticket because that would suck.

In the Advanced Warning department, be advised that my voice and some tuneage of my choice shall emanate from your radio tonight from 8-10 pm if it is tuned to 88.7 FM. (If you are not local the computer shall substitute, provided you have visited this webpage and clicked the applicable link to hook yourself up. My playlist shall reside here. I'm also going to think of a name for a show. The one it currently bears, "Pants 1990," was a result of me being in a hurry when the playlister software was prompting me for a name, the "1990" part being in response to rick!, our program director, making some kind of joke about if you average the music I playwith the music Jason! plays, you get 1990. Or something like that.

And speaking of that, I wandered over to Blogs Now just to see what's, y'know, hot and stuff, and I found a link to a bunch of '80s videos. Hey, if I play Lords of The New Church followed by Icicle Works I can pretend it's WUVT Wave Night at the Blacksburg Marriott). Too bad the Heaven 17 link is broken ...

But a really noteworthy thing about the site is the number of Spanish language groups it features ... Alas, no Prisioneros. But look, Mano Negra! Hours of fun ...

2 comments:

Joe Marshall said...

Lisa,
I can assure you that I NEVER played Lords of the New Church followed by the Icicle Works. In fact, I doubt that I actually played either of them. Pete may have before me (1981-1984). I was 1984-1989. :-)

Lisa B. said...

I must know you but I'm not placing you ... I was at WUVT from 1983-1986. But I've forgotten so much ...