Tuesday, August 01, 2006

There's this web site, see ...

I love trying out new web stuff, and by being at the right place at the right time I was able to get an invite to this site called Vox, that was created by the LiveJournal folkses. It's sort of a LiveJournal with video/audio/photo sharing and a livelier interface. I don't exactly use it as a blog, because that's what this here thing is, and I don't really post many of my photos there because I do that at Flickr, and I even put videos somewhere else ... in short I have no idea what I'm doing there. Anywho, I have three invitations to give out, so if anyone wants one please gmail me (I am "bunchofpants" ... you know how to build a gmail addy out of that info, right?) Preference will be given to people I "know," i.e., our paths have crossed on teh interwebs before somewhere.

That said, there's a better app than Vox being built for vids/audio/photos/social and such ... it's just not inviting yet. So if you're willing to wait ...

6 comments:

leff said...

and you shouldn't have to wait much longer... on the order of weeks, maybe even days...

Lisa B. said...

Hooray!! Because it really is better than Vox, y'know. I'm not really thrilled with Vox ... it's got its good points but I think it's a bit overly convoluted ... sort of like MySpace, which it is trying to compete with, I think.

Santos said...

oh blankity blank. i wonder if there's any point in keeping up the vox account then. although clogging up the internets with lots of half-baked blogs is fun....

Lisa B. said...

Well, if it's a blog your after, then maybe Vox works better, because the other site, the one that I like better ... the one that should be going public any day now... the one whose new name I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say ... is closer to a Flickr-type thing but with video/audio/photo/text ...i.e., you don't make blog entires so much as just post stuff and chatter in the comments ...

You may as well try it (when it's available ... any day now ... or week now, according to Leff.)

Santos said...

good gravy, i forgot i have an account at the the supersecretsquirrel thing!i should go check it out, huh.

Lisa B. said...

Yes!! Supersecretsquirrel has undergone big changes and is quite a nice site! Good peeps there, too!