Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just reading the paper on a Sunday morning ...

I almost get giddy when I get to read anything new by Michael Pollan, so I was quite happy this a.m. to see this article in the NYT Magazine: The Vegetable-Industrial Complex. Mmm, tainted spinach.

In other news, Mr. Pants and I went to the NC State Fair yesterday morning. It was OK. Here's a highlight:



And of course, there are adorable little piggies there, too:



UPDATE: The News & Observer Blog-On-A-Stick has a much better vid of the guy. (Thanks to Georg for pointing me to the Blog-On-a-Stick).

6 comments:

Sarah said...

just okay? how come? Georg and I are going tomorrow.

Lisa B. said...

Well, just OK in that Mr. Pants wasn't thrilled ... he only went to use is big fancy camera. And I get a little jaded about because of work. I thought it was fun, though--I could have stayed longer but I had to get back to do Mondo Mundo. Go! Have fun!

Seth said...

I can't resist.

Our state fair is a great state fair,
Don't miss it, don't even be late.
It's dollars to donuts
That our state fair
Is the best state fair in our state.

Sarah said...

so did you have anything to do with Germ City?

Lisa B. said...

A co-worker did all the graphics for that one. Why--did yu like it or hate it? It seemed to be popular when I was there.

Sarah said...

I was creeped out by the amount of glow-in-the-dark I failed to wash off, especially since I'd just eaten with my hands. But I guess that was the point. I must say I've been washing much more thoroughly since then, so I guess it worked :)