Friday, October 06, 2006

Stupid bargain cable ....



As I've mentioned before, we got the bottom-rung cable plan because we rarely watch any television at all. So of course it doesn't include the one channel with the one program we actually want to watch. That's right, kiddies, it's that time again: Battlestar Galactica's new season starts tonight. I've downloaded my free season 1 & 2 recap from iTunes, I've taken the "What's Your Rank" quiz over at the Sci Fi website (I'm an admiral, thank you very much--see photographic proof above), but I can't watch the frakkin' show on my stupid television tonight.

On the plus side, we do get 4 home shopping channels and one that seems to be all infomercials all the time.

6 comments:

andrew said...

So, turn the return the favor, is BattleStar Galactica worth a spin? I still have three weeks on my own and I have joined Blockbuster to kill some time. I am about done with Lost and wondered where to go next...

Lisa B. said...

I love Battlestar Galactica, and I'm not a sci fi geek. There are a couple of not-so-hot episodes in season 2.5, but other than that it's great TV. Start with the miniseries.

andrew said...

Duly collected from Blockbuster - the mini-series and series 1 disk 1, ready for my thanksgiving weekend! (which is this weekend in this part of the world). Thanks for the recommendation.

Lisa B. said...

Wow ... seems so early even for Canadian Thanksgiving. Well, enjoy the BG, I hope you like it!

Holly said...

Would you please e-mail me directly at charcoalartist@comcast.net? I'm doing a research project on blogs in the Durham, NC area. Thanks!

Steve said...

That's frakkin' brutal! Commander Tao reporting for duty, Admiral!

Rank: Commander (9)
Increase your rank. Take the quiz again.