"One Last Vow" :: Devotchka
- Open up the music player on your computer.
- Set it to play your entire music collection.
- Hit the "shuffle" command.
- Tell us the title of the next twelve songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty.
- If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don't have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of twelve songs by four artists, you can if you'd like.
"Raising Hell" :: Run-DMC
"Wraith Pinned To The Mist And Other Games" :: Of Montreal
"Try Matty's" :: Aretha Franklin
"Rich Hum Of Air" :: Shannon Wright
"Are Everything" :: The Buzzcocks
"Barnowl" :: Caribou
"Word Up!" :: Cameo
"Meu Amor" :: Brandi Shearer
"White Knuckles" :: Elvis Costello
"That's What Dreams Were Made For" :: Green On Red
"My Girl" :: Orlando Julius and His Modern Aces
"Look Both Ways" :: The Rain Parade
Except that was just thirteen there, wasn't it? I must have miscounted when I copied and pasted from iTunes. Oh well, I truly heart Rain Parade so they get to stay on the list. An interesting thing is that my iTunes is full of random songs by a miscellany of artists I may know nothing about. Do I have any idea who Shannon Wright is? Well, if I look her up on the google then yeah, I guess I do now. But I don't even ever remember listening to that song, or where I got it--probably someone's mp3 blog. Same thing with Brandi Shearer. But the funny thing about this list is that it doesn't really reflect on what I actually listen to via iTunes, because I told it not to include any recently played songs, only upcoming songs. So that was sort of cheating, I guess. But something's messed up with my iTunes ... if I tell it to play 100 recently played songs and 5 upcoming songs, it will only display 5 songs ... as if it doesn't want to display any recently played songs. So whatever. I'm bored now, and I'm sure you are too.