Sunday, December 17, 2006

Baked by zombie elves ...

zombie cookie armyzombie robotzombie teddy bearangelgingerbread menbearsdeck the halls with braiinnsssss!

I got into the holiday spirit this weekend by making cookies--delish shortbread cookies with royal icing. There's only one problem with my cookies ... they will eat your braaiinnsss if you don't eat them first.

I also did some xmas shopping. I really didn't want to battle crowds and drive around and around looking for a parking space, so I went to a place that's never, ever crowded: Northgate Mall. Seriously, I have no idea how that place stays in business, but I'm very happy it's there. I normally hate malls, but I love Northgate because it's really rather serene in there. All the uptight people go to Southpoint, so Northgate is left for the laid-back folks who don't give a crap that the mall doesn't have a Nordstom. There's plenty of room to move around and there are very few long lines.

I also discovered a really great place to eat in the food court. It's called Las Lomitas and I had a fantastic custom-made bean burrito. The couple that run the place (I suppose they own it) are very friendly, and I think they would have custom-made me whatever I asked for, whether or not it was on the menu. I think I'm going to go back next time I want a quick and yummy bite to eat.

4 comments:

Stoneline said...

Awesome cookies! When I first moved into this house we had an All Saint's Day party and I made cookies of martyred saints.

Lisa B. said...

Wow, martyred saints cookies sound rather complicated! Plus you probably had to do some research ... or did you make them up?

ted said...

If it were me I'd go straight to the top and make a dozen Jesus cookies. "Let Me Speak to the Supervisor" is my motto!

Lisa those cookes look good enough to eat me!

I made choccie covered Snyder's pretzels and they are so yummy that I got into the spirit of giving and gave them all to myself! UUUrrrrp!

Stoneline said...

I did some simple research -- got a small book of saints from the library -- but I already knew several saints I wanted to do, like Saint Lucy (lost her eyes) and Saint Agatha (lost her breasts). Catholic school, y'know.

The martyr cookies weren't as complicated as your zombie cookies. I just used red icing to show their martyrdom.
--Sarah